Pilot Name: Social Innovation and Generativity in the Mediterranean City
The action will support with knowledge and data the experience of Palazzo Guerrieri, a community hub realized by the Comune di Brindisi in a disused public historical palace. The action will be carried out in cooperation with the Valore Comune project, carried out by IFEL Istituto per la Finanza e l’Economia Locale.
The main activity envisaged by the pilot action is the activation of a background analysis of the “Palazzo Guerrieri” project in the context of Brindisi. The main activities are the following:
- Background analysis on socio-economic data in the Municipality of Brindisi (with focus on economy, employment, education, culture, active SVRCs), and a qualitative analysis comparing the projects and strategy of Brindisi with those of other Italian cities in the field of community hubs.
- Definition of indicators and variables for the analysis of the Palazzo Guerrieri Project and research on the project implementation through direct observation, interviews, questionnaires, data gathering.
- Establishment of a pilot action working group composed by ANCI, Municipality of Brindisi, IFEL that will meet at least twice during the pilot action.
- Publication of the data in open format on the website of the Municipality of Brindisi and other websites to be selected (ANCI, IFEL, +Resilient minisite).
- Realization of a research report both on the context analysis and project analysis also containing suggestions on the future actions for Brindisi and other municipalities with a focus on how to fund community hubs.
- Presentation and discussion of the report in Brindisi and in one of the other cities involved in the “Valore Comune” project.
- Participation of the experts involved in the activities and/or Municipality of Brindisi in +Resilient Living Lab in Marseille and other transnational activities of +Resilient.
- Participation and presentation of the pilot actions in seminars and conferences organized by ANCI and IFEL on the topics of urban development policy.